MSU Office of International Programs Website
As we begin the 21st century, the United States and Montana are increasingly being pulled into the global marketplace. Cutting-edge research and scholarship in all academic disciplines require international collaboration and communication with other nations. Every student, regardless of his or her major, can greatly enhance career prospects with knowledge of other cultures and languages.
The MSU Office of International Programs offers a broad range of programs and services and strives to bring international education to the core of academic and cultural life at MSU. OIP provides quality international education opportunities to MSU students and faculty and makes MSU academic experiences accessible to capable students from around the world. OIP’s operations are organized around four central functions:
- Providing services for MSU’s international students and scholars
- Sending MSU students abroad on summer, semester, and academic year education abroad programs
- Providing training programs for various international groups
- Conducting grant-funded programs which enhance the MSU curriculum or address international development, technical assistance needs
OIP services to students, faculty, and visiting scholars include:
- Information and advising services for prospective international students in applying to MSU academic programs
- Intensive English training through the A.C.E. Language Institute.
- Visa and immigration compliance assistance for international students and scholars
- Support to MSU departments in complying with immigration requirements in hiring foreign nationals
- Study abroad advising at the International Opportunities Resource Center
- Study abroad opportunities at more than 235 institutions in over 50 countries around the world
- Support for international research and creative activities through Faculty Fund Grants
- Arabic language training through the Arabic Language and Middle East/North African Cultural Studies Program.
- Global Studies Minor
- Global Culture Club
- Bozeman Friends of International Students
In addition to these activities, OIP sponsors various events and activities throughout the school year including:
- Study Abroad Fairs – the chance to explore the great array of programs we offer to have a great international experience
- Brown Bag Seminars – occasional lectures on timely international topics
- International Street Food Bazaar – a great celebration of food and culture from around the world held every February
- International Education Week – a week of activities to celebrate international education week as designated by the U.S. Departments of Education and State
- International Children's Fall Festival - spend a September Saturday afternoon with the kids learning about other cultures through games, skits, music and more
I encourage you to explore these and the other international opportunities offered through the Office of International Programs.
Dr. David L. Di Maria