- All citations must be paid or appealed within 10 days of the issue date. Failure to pay on time will result in an accumulation of late fees, student account holds, payroll deductions, or transfer to a collections agency.
- Parking citations may be paid through the Parking Services website or in person by visiting Parking Services.
- Some citations may be appealed. Please see the “Appeals” section below.
- Individual fines resulting from parking infractions may range up to $240.
Tows and Boots
Parking Services reserves the right to tow or boot any vehicle found in violation of parking regulations, constituting a hazard, or interfering with university operations. Infractions potentially resulting in a tow or boot include, but are not limited to:
- Vehicles illegally parked in ADA designated parking zones.
- Vehicles parked in Reserved spaces without a corresponding Reserved permit.
- Vehicles with three or more unpaid parking citations.
You may pay a citation online using the button above or visit the University Police station at S 7th and Kagy to pay in person during business hours. If you have questions or concerns about a citation, please call 406-994-1723 or visit the appeals page. Please see the table below for violations and fees.
|24 hour reserved stall||
|Lost, stolen, forged, altered, or counterfeit permit||$180|
|Violation of bike regulations||$35|
|Failure to display||$35|
|Failure to register||$65|
|Handicap stall **||$100|
|Not in designated area||$35|
|Not in E lot||$35|
|Over line -- 2 stalls||$35|
|Parked in yellow zone||$50|
|Parked or driving on lawn||$35|
|Parking in crosswalk||$35|
|Park in or block drive||$35|
|Park/drive on sidewalk||$35|
|Posted on parking||$50|
|Reserved 6am - 6pm||$65|
|See officer comment||$35|
|Service vehicle only||$35|
|Student health only||$35|
|Service vehicle/special permit required||$35|
|Tow away zone||$65|
|Wrong side parked||$35|
|Parking privileges revoked||$65|
The Regents of the Montana University System have been authorized by legislative action to levy fines against students, faculty and staff for violation of parking, traffic or registration regulations.