Parking on MSU-Bozeman campus is a privilege, not a right. Our primary interest is to foster convenience and safety for all people working and visiting the campus and to facilitate the efficient operation of the University.
Please acquaint yourself with the current parking regulations governing campus parking. It is the best way to avoid a ticket or loss of privileges. Ignorance of the regulations will only hurt you!
There are no free parking areas on campus!
All parking lots are constructed, maintained, operated, and administered through parking fees which are paid by all patrons. Parking regulations for Montana State University-Bozeman are published on an annual basis, both in print and on this Web site. Past and present presidents of the University have approved these regulations and the Board of Regents of the Montana University System has approved those segments that deal with cost, fines, and enforcement.
Best ways to avoid a parking ticket
- Buy a parking permit
- Register your vehicle
- Do not park in reserved spaces (which have gold signs)
- Stay out of yellow zones
- Park in your assigned area
- Do not park in a service drive
- Leave handicap spaces empty
- If you get a ticket, pay it on time
- Limit yourself to 20 minutes in loading zones after calling the University Police (994-1723) for approval
How to avoid towing on campus
- Do not accumulate three or more tickets
- Do not park in a handicap zone
- Do not park in a yellow zone or fire lane
- You are responsible for anyone parking your vehicle or utilizing your permit on campus.
- All students, faculty, staff, & visitors must register their vehicle or obtain a parking permit to park on campus.
- You are responsible for all fines assigned to your vehicle or permit.