Updated: November 18, 2014
MSU has a new online process for managing course and program changes. The Course Inventory Management software, or CIM (pronounced Kim) is now available for:
- Proposing a new course
- Changing the characteristics of an existing course
- Proposing a new program (i.e., major, minor, option, or certificate)
- Modifying an existing program
CIM is connected to the catalog management software, CourseLeaf, so that course and program changes are automatically reflected in the next MSU catalog, both online and print versions.
- CIM is used whenever you want to make a change to a course or program and have that change appear in the next MSU catalog.
- CIM is NOT used to make changes to available sections listed in the Schedule of Classes. The standard paper process (form available here) is still used to update listings in the Schedule of Classes.
Instructional materials related to the CIM (Course Inventory Management) system are currently being developed. These links will become live as the documents become available.
Our goal is to make CIM available to all faculty so that any faculty member can propose a new course. If you find that CIM does not allow access using your MSU NetID, Keely Holmes in the Provost's Office can help with access issues in CIM.
Obsolete Links - to be removed soon