Organizations on MSU Campus Addressing Women and Diversity
- President's Commission on the Status of University Women: Advises the president on issues related to diversity and gender equity.
- Office of Institutional Equity: Addresses Title IX complaints and concerns about sex discrimination and sexual harassment.
- MSU Family Advocate: Addresses issues with Family Leave, Childbirth and Adoption, and Childcare.
The MSU Women's Center: Offers educational programs tabout gender and women's issues.
- Diversity and Inclusion Student Commons
- Diversity Development Certificate Program
Professional Development and Leadership Training
- Center for Faculty Excellence:Provides workshops to help faculty improvet their teaching and research skills.
Developing Excellence in Academic Leadership (DEAL): This program is designed for MSU department heads/chairs, assistant/associate deans, directors, and those who aspire to such levels of leadership. Every cohort consists of approximately 20-30 participants from a wide variety of academic and administrative units.
MSU Campus Resources and Information
- ADVANCE Archival Website: Contains hisotric information on MSU programs to promote women in STEM.
- Faculty Diversity Data: Contains Information about Faculty Demographics
- Policy Review Portal: An avenue for sharing policy input with the President's Commission on the Status of University Women.
National Organizations Focused on Academic Diversity
Faculty Forums at Other Universities Addressing Gender Equity
- Yale University: Women's Faculty Forum
- Duke University: Women's Faculty Network
- James Madison University: Caucus for Gender Equality
University of New Mexico: Women's Faculty Caucus
University of Delaware: Women's Caucus
New York University, College of Environmental Science and Forestry:Women's Caucus
University of Michigan: Women’s Caucus
- Arizona State University: Women's Faculty Association
Recent Reports, Research Publications, and Survey Tools
- Naitonal Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, Sexual Harassment of Women:
Climate, Culture, and Consequences in Academic Sciences, Engineering, and Medicin. (2018)
- To Recruit and Advance Women Students and Faculty in Science and Engineering
Published by the National Research Council in 2006. Also available in paper at Renne Library.
- Faculty Salary and Faculty Distribution Fact Sheet 2003-04
- Special Issues & Data section of the Chronicle of Higher Education has a variety of articles about academic life, diversity, and affirmative action.