Teaching Excellence Action Committee (TEACh)
|Lockhart, Marilyn||Chair||Center for Faculty Excellence|
|Babcock, Mike||Member||Letters and Science|
|Campbell, Kyndra||Member||Gallatin College|
|Luft, Steve||Member||Graduate Students|
|Nelson, Andrew||Member||Arts & Architecture|
|Stanton, Christine||Member||Education, Health & Human Development|
|Carjuzaa, Jioanna||Ex Officio||Multicultural Perspectives|
Improve faculty teaching by allocating funds for faculty development projects; support assessment and outcomes on campus by sponsoring teaching improvement activities; support attendance at instructional development workshops which provide the potential to impact teaching methods on campus.
Examples of Previously Funded Teaching Innovation Grants:
- Supporting Teachers Through Accessible Citizen Science Literacy Teaching Resources
- Enhanced Laboratory Learning in Tectonics & Structural Geology
- Preparing the Virtual Classroom for Distance Delivery: Medical-Veterinary Entomology Clinics for Undergraduates
- Preliminary Planning and Funding Research for the Implementation of Writing-intensive Courses Across the Undergraduate Curriculum at Montana State University
- Beekeeping in the ENTO 204 Laboratory: Establishing Demonstration Colonies
Voting Members: One faculty member from each academic college; one representative from the Libraries; one undergraduate student representative; one graduate student representative; one representative from University College; and one representative from Gallatin College.
Nonvoting Ex Officio Members: Academic Technology Specialist, Academic Affairs; one faculty representing Multicultural Perspectives; one representative from The Graduate School; and one representative from Extended University.
Length of Term
Three years, renewable, staggered
Current: Marilyn Lockhart
Title: Interim Director of the Center for Faculty Excellence
Appointed by: Provost
Provost and Associate Provost