STATE Days Information and Dates
August 3-4, 2023
Save the Date! MSU will be hosting STATE Days in August 2023. STATE Days is a free campus preview program just for students from the state of Montana and their families. We encourage rising seniors entering in Fall 2024 to sign up for this program to get a jump start on their college-search process. This is a FREE program which allows students to stay on campus in MSU residence halls, eat in dining halls, learn about the admissions process, and apply and be admitted all before the summer ends.
STATE Days is …
- FREE for students and family members.
- An exclusive offer only available to students from the state of Montana.
- An opportunity to stay on campus in the MSU residence halls and eat in the MSU dining halls.
- A personalized visit experience with the chance to connect with MSU staff, faculty, and current students.
- A chance to learn about the admissions process and be admitted for Fall 2024 while on campus.
- An opportunity to learn about paying for school, living on campus, academic programs, next steps, important deadlines, and more.
Plus, there are a variety of benefits for Montana students that attend including early admissions, hands-on help throughout the college-search process, and priority housing for the Fall 2024 term.
Students that participate in STATE Days not only get the chance to connect with MSU professionals and current students, but also have the chance to connect with other high school seniors from across the state.
Sample Information Sessions & Events
Please note that this schedule is tentative and may change.
- Living on Campus Information Session
- Learn about campus living options.
- Paying for School Information Session
- Learn about how to make college affordable for you and your family. Includes information about scholarships, completing FAFSA, tuition payment plans, and more!
- Campus Tours
- Take a walking tour of campus! You will have the chance to see various academic buildings, expore what services and resources are available, and learn about the history and traditions of Montana State!
- Residence Hall Tours
- Tour the various living options MSU offers.
- Honors College Information Session
- Open to all majors, the Honors College provides opportunities for students to study, conduct research, and exchange ideas in a challenging and supportive academic environment. Learn more about the application process and the Honors College in general!
- Learn about your academic program(s) of interest and explore different majors
- Learn about your academic program(s) of interest.
- First Generation, Pell-Eligible, and Rural Student Suport Information Session
- Apply to MSU for the Fall 2024 term
- Hands-on help regarding your application and the opportunity to be admitted before you leave campus!
- Student Panel
- Hear from current Montana State University students about Life on Campus, Academics, the Bozeman community, Fraternity/Sorority Life, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
State Days is a FREE program for rising Montana seniors & family members.
Rising seniors who will be entering college in the Fall of 2024. We also look forward to welcoming family members.
If you are interested in arriving to MSU on August 2nd, please reach out to [email protected] to request early housing.
Check-in for STATE Days will take place between 8:00am and 10:00am on August 3rd and students will be checked out by 3:00pm on August 4th. Make plans to arrive to Bozeman by 8:00am on August 3rd and plan to leave Bozeman by mid-afternoon on August 4th.
When registration opens on April 17th, studens and family members will register on one registration form.
Yes. During State Days, students will stay in the residence halls for one night and will be provided meals!
No. The Office of Admissions will arrange lodging for the nights you will stay on campus.
Want more information about MSU? We're here to help.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You can email our
staff at [email protected], or call us Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm MT at 1-888-MSU-CATS.