Orientation for Parents and Families
If you have registered for Parent/Family Orientation and are looking for instructions or information about a schedule, check-in, etc., your student has this information linked on their "confirmation page" that is linked on their Undergraduate Admissions Checklist in MyInfo!
Welcome to the Bobcat Family!
Concurrent with your student's freshmen Orientation/Class Registration program is a special program for parents and families designed to acquaint you with MSU and its programs, facilities and services. Enjoy this opportunity to learn about everything Montana State University can offer your new Bobcat!
The program includes:
- A variety of sessions with University staff and faculty members
- A session with the Assistant Dean of your student's academic college
- Informal discussions with Student Orientation Leaders
- Sessions detailing resources available for your student's success
- Social evening with other Bobcat parents and MSU staff
- A parent and family brunch connecting you with other parents and MSU administrators
Parents may pick and choose which sessions they would like to attend based on interest during the Parent/Family Orientation. A tentative sample schedule will be provided to registered parents ahead of the Parent/Family Orientation session. A final schedule will be provided at check-in.
Parents interested in attending the Parent/Family Orientation can register along with their student online. There is a non-refundable $50 Program Fee associated with the Parent/Family Orientation. If your student has already registered and you would like to register later, please contact the Orientation Office at [email protected]. Please include your student's full name.
The four available Orientation/Class Registration programs will be offered:
- Monday – Wednesday, June 13 – 15, 2022 (Student program is FULL)
- Monday – Wednesday, June 27 – 29, 2022 (Student program is FULL)
- Monday – Wednesday, July 11 – 13, 2022 (Student program is FULL)
- Saturday – Tuesday, August 20 – 23, 2022*
*The August Orientation/Class Registration programming will not be longer, but scheduling revolves around the beginning of the school year.
On-campus housing is also available during June and July Orientation programs. Make your reservations online through the on-campus summer housing website if you would like to stay on campus while your student completes their Orientation/Class Registration program. Please contact Conference & Event Services directly at [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Session #1 (June 13-15)
- Parent/Family Code: PF122
- Session #2 (June 27-29)
- Parent/Family Code: PF222
- Session #3 (July 11-13)
- Parent/Family Code: PF322
Bozeman also has a variety of off campus lodging options.
Bobcat Parent and Family Program
The Bobcat Parent and Family Program supports parents and families as their students navigate the MSU campus. This includes programs, activities, webinars, email updates and more. Click here for more information on the Bobcat Parent and Family Program.
Questions? We're here to help.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You can email our
staff at [email protected], or call us Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm MT at 1-888-MSU-CATS.