About the Scholarship Program
The Return-To-Learn Scholarship is a two-semester scholarship created to help returning students adjust back to life as a student. It is designed to help students improve their academic performance, financial literacy, and career focus.
Scholarship recipients will have unlimited access to AYCSS resources includign career coaches, financial coaches, success advisors, free tutoring, and more.
Returning in 23/24? Apply Now for a R2L Scholarship
The Office of Return to Learn offers two types of Return-to-Learn Scholarships: Merit-Based and Circumstance-Based Scholarships. As such, all returning students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply!
Selection and Awarding
Return-to-Learn Scholarship awards are awarded based on:
- Your personal growth, as demonstrated in your scholarship application essays.
- Commitment to comply with scholarship requirements (including adhering to your MSU
- Academic Success & Career Plan during your two semesters of receiving the scholarship).
If awarded a scholarship, we will send an offer letter to the email entered on the scholarship application via DocuSign, with additional instructions on steps required to receive your scholarship award.
To receive scholarship funds, Return-to-Learn Scholars must:
- Sign and accept the offer letter via DocuSign.
- Submit a Thank You letter via the Cat Scholarships portal.
- Attend a one-on-one introductory appointment with a Return-to-Learn Advisor to develop a personalized Success & Career Plan.
- Attend the Return-to-Learn Welcome Back Event, at the beginning of their firstsemester of receiving the scholarship.
Benefits and Guidelines
The Return-to-Learn Scholarship program offers:
- A two-semester Scholarship award in the amount of $250 - $750 per semester.
- Free tutoring (typically $2/session).
- Free Career Assessment, such as the Strong Interest Inventory (typically $20).
- Events and workshops hosted for adult learners.
To renew the scholarship for the second semester, Return-to-Learn Scholars must:
- Earn at least a 3.0 term GPA.
- Actively participate in the development of Personalized Success & Career Plan.
- Follow up with a Return-to-Learn Advisor at least 2 times during the semester to review
- progress on their Personalized Success & Career Plan.
- To serve as many students as possible fitting our eligibility criteria, Return-to-Learn
Scholarships cannot be “stacked” or combined with the following scholarship programs:
- MSU Hilleman Scholars Program
Horatio Alger Scholars Program
1893 Scholarship Program
Montana’s Own Scholarship Program
Scholarships will be applied directly to the scholarship recipient’s account.