Become a FlowZone Tutor
We are seeking SmartyCats Tutors for FlowZone:
- Hilleman Scholars Program
- Second Wind
About these programs:
- The MSU Hilleman Scholars Program provides worthy high school graduates from Montana with exceptional financial and academic support throughout their four years at MSU.
- MathUp is designed for students in developmental math courses (M063, M090, M121/021, M105). Students placed in the courses often lack confidence in math skills and organization and greatly benefit from peer-support.
- Second Wind program for students in their first semester of academic suspension reengaging with their courses to get back on track.
Benefits of Working as a Tutor:
- Looks great on a resume
- Offers great work experience
- Increased networking opportunities
- Continues your academic growth
- The opportunity to help others succeed
- Flexible work schedule
As tutor, you will be a key ingredient to FlowZone. We’d like you to think of yourself not only as an expert in your subject, but also as a learning coach, a critical thinking guide, and more. We want you to actively seek out and foster positive mentor relationships with student. We want you to help create an overall environment of positivity, productivity, and learning. Not only do we want you to answer questions students have, but we also want you to check in with each of your students, know what’s going on with them, and provide individual support. We want you to ask students about what they’re learning, check their understanding, help them discover gaps in their knowledge and anticipate study strategies, make sure they decode and keep up with their assignments, etc.
Spring Semester Schedule
|Tuesday||3:00 - 7:00 p.m.||SUB Fireside Room|
|Wednesday||4:00 - 6:00 p.m.||SUB Fireside Room|
|Thursday||3:00 - 7:00 p.m.||SUB Fireside Room|
|Friday||11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||SmartyCats Center (Second floor of library)|
Supervision: Day-to-day work will be supervised by AYCSS program managers as well as mentors.