Immediate opening - 1 Research Asst. Prof. or Postdoc and 2 Graduate Research Assistants (Ph.D. or MS) starting in spring 2022
- The Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department at Montana State University is
seeking a candidate for a Research Assistant Professor or Post-Doctoral appointment working in nanocellulose-based composites. The candidate should have adequate
knowledge of cellulosic materials, polymers, biopolymers, polymer processing, materials
characterization, physical and mechanical testing, and engineering design. The ideal
candidate will have sound knowledge of processing nanocellulosic materials and characterizing
their physical and mechanical properties under various conditions, finite element
analysis, and constitutive characterization and modeling.
The successful candidate will work closely with Dr. Dilpreet Bajwa from the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Nanomaterials or related fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Required Applicant Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae including names and contact information of three references
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is initially for two years and is contingent upon funding.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information contact Dr. Bajwa (email below).Graduate and Undegraduate Students
- Prospective students with research interest in polymer composites, particularly in topics related to biopolymers, biocomposites, agricultural byproducts utilization, and nano materials synthesis, functionalization, and processing are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Student should hold at least a B.S. or equivalent degree in a relevant Engineering discipline. Prior research or industrial experience in composites fabrication, processing, characterization and testing is a plus.
If interested, please send your CV and a copy of B.S. and/or M.S. transcripts to my email address ([email protected]). Please feel free to contact me if you have any question or concern regarding the current openings.