Accountants are business professionals who work with people to identify, analyze,
and solve business problems. Completing an accounting option opens the door to a wide
range of career opportunities.
- The accounting option is designed to help students develop the necessary technical
expertise and broad-based business knowledge required for long-term success in careers
such as auditing/assurance, tax consulting, corporate accounting/finance, not-for-profit/government,
financial analysis/venture capital, and financial planning.
- Students planning to pursue CPA certification or advanced financial positions should
also complete the Master of Professional Accountancy program.
- MSU accounting graduates are sought after because they have strong work ethics and
typically pass the CPA exam at rates above the national average.
- MSU business students also consistently rank above the 90th percentile in the nation
on the Major Field Test for Business. Small classes taught by highly skilled faculty give MSU accounting students a very
- Students completing MSU's undergraduate and graduate accounting programs are highly sought after by employers.
In the News
Please complete our short Inquiry Form if you would like to receive more information about our Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) program,