Accounting Advisory Council
Carol Rutlen Ezrati, Rutlen Associates, LLC
Shawn Harrison, Oracle
*Jeremy Hauk, Eide Bailly, LLP
Scott Holton, Rudd & Company, PLLC
Tim Kalberg, Perkins & Co.
Carlen Keaster, Anderson ZurMuehlen
Erica (Ricki) Lewis, Expedia Inc.
Todd Lindsey, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
Morgan Scarr, Amatics CPA Group
Stacey Scott, West Paw Designs
Chris Smith, BDO USA, LLP
Jacqueline Stensland, Moss Adams
Mitchell Thompson, Iron Oil
Shauna Watson, Resources Global Professionals
Todd Williamson, Wells Fargo Advisors
ShellyWong-Pinto, Tizona Theraputics, Inc.
The purpose of the Accounting Advisory Council is to provide a forum for interaction between the business community and the accounting option in order to improve accounting education at Montana State University. The activities of the council are to:
- Present the view points of the business community and inform the faculty about innovations and trends likely to influence accounting education.
- Establish and improve an accounting alumni network, including support of a regular newsletter about the program.
- Assist the accounting option in fund raising efforts.
- Assist in recruiting high quality students into the accounting program, and provide encouragement to students already in the discipline.
- Assist with summer or semester-long faculty and student internship programs, research projects, or work experiences in business or governmental agencies.
- Assist in recruiting outstanding faculty members for the option.
- Assist in obtaining and maintaining separate accreditation of the accounting program, according to guidelines developed by the AACSB.
- Attract prominent accounting business persons to campus as guest lecturers.
- Assist faculty research by identifying possible research topics and making contacts that can aid the researchers' efforts.
- Review and provide advice about the accounting option's curriculum, programs, and courses.
- Promote the image of the accounting option and Montana State University.