Check back for opportunities closer to summer orientation. All departments will be hiring at that time!
Serving users within the MSU residence halls and Family & Graduate Housing as the Internet Service Provider, ResNet also supports computer labs and public access computers located in each residence hall. In addition to providing technical support for students, ResNet supports the staff of Auxiliary Services, spread throughout the campus.
ResNet Computer Consultants (RCCs) will be trained to work in the following areas:
- Configuration of operating systems and software for network connectivity.
- Troubleshooting network problems over the phone, in the Helpdesk or on-site.
- Troubleshooting computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Answering questions about ResNet, McAfee Antivirus, Microsoft Office products, network printing, hardware and a variety of other issues.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in ResNet Crunch Weeks—Helping approximately 3,000 students with network setups, installing anti-virus software, applying security patches and cleaning infected machines.
- Providing phone support for the ResNet Helpdesk.
- Troubleshooting and resolving network hardware and software issues.
denotes required fields.