The MSU Teacher Education Program is fully accredited at the state (Montana Board of Public Education) and national (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) levels from fall 2016 to June 2024. Our next accreditation review visits will be in the fall of 2023. These dates reflect an extension granted due to extenuating circumstances.
- Agricultural Education: Broadfield Teaching
- Art: Art Education K-12 Broadfield
- Biological Sciences: Teaching
- Chemistry: Teaching
- Elementary Education: K-8
- English: Teaching
- Family and Consumer Sciences: Teaching
- Health Enhancement: K-12
- History: Teaching
- Mathematics: Teaching
- Modern Languages & Literatures
- French Teaching
- German Teaching
- Spanish Teaching
- Music Education: School Music K-12 Broadfield
- Physics: Teaching
- Principal Preparation: Master of Education, Educational Leadership
- Secondary Education: General Science Broadfield
- Secondary Education: Social Studies Broadfield
- Superintendent Preparation: Superintendent Certificate, Educational Leadership
- Technology Education: Broadfield Teaching
In 2015, early childhood education was an option under elementary education. We have now added an early childhood education P-3 teaching major. In the upcoming 2023-24 review, early childhood education P-3 will be reviewed as one of our initial level programs.
In 2019, we added a graduate level alternative route initial teaching licensure program, the Master of Arts in Teaching. This program will be reviewed in the upcoming 2023-24 review.
The graduate level principal and superintendent programs were granted accreditation as part of the review in 2015. CAEP has since released their Advanced Level standards. In the upcoming 2023-24 review, our advanced programs will be separately reviewed under those new standards.
2015 Accreditation Review Documents (accreditation review team password required)