In the event of a large scale emergency, evacuation of a building, section of campus, or possibly the entire campus may be necessary to ensure the safety of campus occupants.
Evacuation of a Building
- Building occupants should exit the building as quickly and safely as possible, utilizing designated fire evacuation routes.
- If possible, secure hazardous materials or equipment as you leave.
- Do not use elevators.
- Help individuals with mobility disabilities exit the building.
- Move to a safe location away from the building. Buildings may have one or more designated evacuation points.
- Follow any additional instructions provided by the MSU Alert System and first responders.
Evacuation of a Campus Zone
In the event that a section of campus or all of campus requires evacuation, occupants in the area will receive directions from the MSU Alert System and first responders. Follow instructions and leave the area quickly and safely.
Occupants may be instructed to evacuate on foot, by vehicle, or by bus.
Mobility Impaired Evacuation
Mobility impaired individuals should contact 911 if they require assistance leaving campus during an evacuation.