Office of International Programs - About Us
We appreciate your interest in MSU’s Office of International Programs.
Today’s global environment requires that our students and faculty be globally competent for a future characterized by uncertainties and unprecedented political challenges. Cutting-edge research and scholarship in all academic disciplines require international collaboration and communication with a multitude of external partners. Every student, regardless of his or her major, can greatly enhance their career prospects with an awareness and understanding of other cultures.
The MSU Office of International Programs offers a broad range of programs and services and strives to bring international education to the core of academic and cultural life at MSU. OIP provides quality international education opportunities to MSU students and faculty and makes MSU academic experiences accessible to capable students from around the world. OIP’s operations are organized around the following core functions:
- RECRUITMENT & INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS:
- Recruitment, application processing for admission and student visa support to international degree seeking applicants to bachelor, master’s, and doctoral programs at MSU.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SCHOLAR SERVICES:
- Providing immigration services and support to MSU’s international enrolled students and scholars on F and J as well as other visa categories.
- STUDY ABROAD & EXCHANGE:
- Assisting MSU students engaging in summer, semester, and academic year education abroad programs, and welcoming international students on semester or academic year exchanges.
- INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT, SHORT TERM & FUNDED PROGRAMS:
- Conducting grant-funded programs which enhance the MSU curriculum or address international development or technical assistance needs through standard and made-to-order training programs.
- MSU INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL COMPLIANCE:
- Supporting faculty and staff when preparing for international travel.
- Ensuring that all MSU travelers meet Travel Policy requirements.
- Monitoring MSU travel in the International Travel Registry.
- MSU GLOBAL OUTREACH & PARTNERSHIPS:
- Supporting faculty with initiating and maintaining global partnerships and relations between MSU and peer institutions and organizations overseas to facilitate collaboration, research, student, and faculty exchange.
I encourage you to become a partner in internationalizing MSU by exploring international opportunities offered through the Office of International Programs.
Dr. Kristof Zaba
Dean for Global Engagement and International Programs
To learn more about the members of our team and the services provided by the Office of International programs visit our Staff Directory.