International Student Orientation
The New Student Orientation is MANDATORY for all new undergraduate students at Montana State University. Orientation for Spring 2023 will consist of the following:
- An online course in CatsConnect that students must complete to arrange a meeting with an advisor and register for classes
- A one-day in-person component before classes resume in January
- During this in-person event, students can get more information about MSU, being an international student, and register for classes if you have not already. All students should bring their passport, visa, and I-20/DS-2019 when attending the in-person orientation event.
Students will receive emailed instructions on how to access orientation before they are able to access the platform. Students that do not complete all modules in the online orientation will not be able to meet with their academic advisor and register for classes.
Registration for Undergraduate Orientation
Please complete and submit our International Student Orientation Registration form to register for orientation as an undergraduate international student. If you do not register, you will not have access to our online orientation so that you can complete all the necessary steps to register for your spring classes.
The MSU Office of International Programs only requires international students to attend a Mandatory immigration session. You should check with your program and department regarding any other orientations you must complete.
- If you are unsure what you should do first, please check out the Graduate School's New International Students page.
- All new graduate students must attend an immigration session in which the Office of International Programs will provide information about how to maintain your immigration status and other important things to know as an international graduate student. All students should bring their passport, visa, and I-20/DS-2019 when attending the session. Please visit the International Student Immigration Session Registration page to complete the form and register for the MANDATORY session. Additional details regarding the time and location of the session will be provided to all incoming students via email.