Liberal Studies Advising
Please note that Jaclyn Denny serves as both the campus and distance education advisor for Liberal Studies and applicable minors. Appointments can be scheduled here or you can also reach out to Jaclyn via email.
After receiving a registration PIN from their advisors, students can generally manage their enrollment through MyInfo and CatCourse Scheduler (for more information, please visit the Registration Information website). Sometimes students need instructor approval to add a class. Instructors can authorize an override of a pre-requisite, course cap or time conflict. They may also authorize a student to add their course between the 6th and 10th day of a typical semester. To drop a class from the 11th through the 59th day of the typical semester, students need to consult an advisor. Details on these processes can be found below.
- Connect with your advisor (to drop a class) or instructor (to add a class) early to help you navigate these processes by published deadlines.
- Dropping or adding a course could significantly impact your bill and financial aid. Contact Student Accounts or the Office of Financial Aid Services if you have questions.
- To add a course after the 10th semester day or drop a course after the withdrawal deadline for extraordinary reasons, please utilize DocuSign to initiate this process.
- To view the email announcing the Add/Drop process follow this link.
- As always, answers to frequently asked questions about Class Formats, Registration,
Important Dates & Deadlines, Course Descriptions, Curriculum Changes, etc. will be
found on the Advising Commons site and at the Registrar's Office.
Getting Started in Liberal Studies
The Liberal Studies degree values a broad and interdisciplinary approach to higher education. It also offers flexibility in course curriculum. Advising and course planning, therefore, are critical to student success. Liberal Studies advisors help students decide on a program of study and develop a preliminary curriculum plan. If you are interested in finding out more about the Liberal Studies degree at MSU, please visit navMSU at https://montana.campus.eab.com/pal/arcDJ4xeR7 to schedule an appointment.
February 1st is the priority deadline
Completing the Major
Liberal Studies students meet periodically with their advisor to make sure they are on track to complete their plan of study. Advisors assist students with course selection, proposed course substitutions, scheduling variances and conflicts, and study abroad and internship opportunities.
Liberal Studies Advisor
Jaclyn Denny is an academic advisor for both the Online Distance Learning Program for Liberal Studies; and the on-campus Liberal Studies programs. Jaclyn received her BS from Oklahoma State University; and has been advising students in the higher-education setting for 6 years. She began working for MSU in 2021 and enjoys her dogs, live music, and cooking.