If you are new to our department (freshman, transfer student, change of major) you will meet with Jeffrey Nelson, the Social Sciences Academic Advisor. You can schedule an appointment with Jeffrey here.
As a new student in our department, your Academic Advisor will be Jeffrey Nelson for your freshman and sophomore years. After the completion of your second year, you will be assigned to a Faculty Advisor based on your last name, using the system below. Your Advisor is able to help you with a variety of issues, such as course scheduling, degree requirements, class registration, graduation, career advising, and can provide information on potential Graduate Schools. To make an appointment with your Advisor, please contact them directly. If your assigned advisor is unavailable, you may contact another advisor for assistance.
Faculty Contact Information and Office Hours:
|Student Last Name Begins With:||Faculty Advisor (link to email):||Office||Office Hours (Fall 2021):|
|A - B||Dr. Michael Babcock||TRAP 226E||Schedule or email|
|C - E||Dr. Ian Handley||TRAP 322||Schedule or email|
|F - G||Dr. Neha John-Henderson||TRAP 313||Email for Appointment|
|H - J||Dr. Michelle Meade||AJM 207||Email for Appointment|
|K - L||Dr. Brandon Scott||TRAP 428D||MW 12:30-2pm
|M||Dr. Monica Skewes||TRAP 320||F 2:30-3:30pm or F 11am-12pm Schedule Here|
|N - Q||Dr. Keith Hutchison||AJM 221||Schedule or email|
|R - S||Dr. Benjamin Oosterhoff||TRAP 428C||Th 2-4 PM via WebEx. Schedule Here|
|T - Z||Dr. Cara Palmer||AJM213||Email for appointment W 11am-1pm|
Plan your curriculum
Meeting regularly with a psychology advisor before each registration period is important to ensure you understand your graduation timeline and are able to successfully complete your major. Keep in mind that the required courses for our major are pre-requisites for the next required course (see graphic below). Students tranferring in or changing their major to psychology without any of these courses should therefore expect AT LEAST five terms to complete the required course progression. Psychology students are required to receive a "C" or better grade in their coursework.
You can find the complete curriculum at the links below:
PSYX 490R: Undergraduate Research
Student have a chance to engage in one of our faculty research labs.
PSYX 495: Field Practicum
- Add or Drop a Course Process. Be sure to consider how this might affect your financial aid or graduation.
- To declare or change Major or Minor, use the Curriculum and Catalog Change Form
- Baccalaureate Graduation Application Instructions
- Due October 1st for Spring graduation, submitted preceding Fall semester
- Due March 1st for Fall graduation, submitted the preceding Spring semester
- PSYX 490R Research Consent Form
- PSYX 495 Field Practicum consent form and information
Find a Career Path! You can do a lot of things with Psychology
- Highest Paying Psychology Careers
- Making the Liberal Arts Degree Pay Off
- APA Career Guide for Psychology
- What can I do with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology