Procurement and Contract Services
The mission of Procurement and Contract Services is to establish strategic thinking in all procurement efforts, resulting in responsible stewardship of University resources, customer-focused services, and streamlining of business processes while maintaining compliance with State of Montana and University policies.
Procurement and Contract Services strives to demonstrate these core values:
- Fiscal Stewardship: We seek strategic sourcing to provide the best options for University dollars to deliver value and conserve economic resources.
- Integrity: We incorporate personal and professional integrity and high ethical standards as guiding principles consistently demonstrated in our work and performance, with fairness, transparency, and legal compliance evident in our business practices.
- Relationships: We strive to establish relationships across campus departments where Procurement and Contract Services is valued as a partner in achieving purchasing objectives.
- Education: We are committed to providing procurement resources and training opportunities to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities for professional growth and enrichment of our staff and the campus community.
- Service: We strive to be of service to both the campus community and external constituents.
Procurement and Contract Services vision is to be a trusted partner who administers professional procurement and contract administration for the four campuses, by ensuring fair competition, fostering collaborative relationships, maximizing the purchasing value of public funds, and providing exceptional customer service and efficient processes for innovative and responsive public procurement.
Procurement and Contract Services is "service oriented" to support the campus community with procurement, negotiation, and contracting services as well as providing external constituents with open and fair access to campus business.
Procurement and Contract Services commits to thetreat campus community with respect and courtesy and respond to their needs with a sense of urgency.
In providing these services, in accordance with sound business practices and the rules and regulations of the State of Montana, Procurement and Contract Services seeks to realize, for the University, the maximum value for every dollar expended.