This scholarship form can be used to apply for both the Athena and the Merit Scholarship. Please select the appropriate scholarship (below) based on your eligibility.
Please note that the Athena Scholarship is only open to female students.
Application deadline: July 15, 2020 by midnight.
Overview of Scholarships
The Athena Scholarship is an award designed to recognize outstanding University Studies female students. Applicants are selected based on their scholastic achievements, community involvement and goals for the future. University Studies offers multiple Athena Scholarships of up to $2000 for continuing University Studies students. Applicants must:Required Qualifications
- Female student who has completed at least two semesters of study at MSU
- Completion of at least 24 MSU credits over the past two semesters
- Have a grade point average of at least 3.5
- Have been enrolled in University Studies, Pre-US, Pre-Med Intake or COEX for at least one semester
- OR have been a Peer Leader or Orientation Leader for US
- Demonstrated ability to overcome adversity
University Studies offers multiple Merit Scholarships of up to $2500 for continuing University Studies students who have attained high scholastic achievement. Applicants must:
- have completed two semesters of study at MSU
- have successfully completed 27 MSU credits over the past two semesters
- be enrolled in University Studies at the time of application
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 over at least two semesters at the time of application
Award funds are distributed over Fall and Spring semesters for one year.