Build or Edit a Website
I need to access an existing site:
If your website already exists, getting access is very simple. Once you've taken one of our Basic MSU Web Editing (CMS 110) courses (either online or in-person), submit a support ticket to us requesting access and we will take care of the rest. In your ticket, be sure to include the following:
- the URL of the site you'd like access to (eg. www.montana.edu/mywebsite).
- your department or unit name
- if the site already has an administrator, we will need to obtain their approval before providing you access; please copy them on your support ticket (using the provided "CC" field)
Once access has been granted you can begin editing your content. Please allow up to 48 hours for this process.
I need a new website created:
Before we can create a site for you, you must have attended one of our Basic MSU Web Editing (CMS 110) courses (either online or in-person). Once you have the initial training course under your belt, use the button below to request your new website. We will need some of the following information:
- Your name, department or unit, and contact information
- Your website title and desired URL (eg. www.montana.edu/historyofmagic)
We will create a new, blank website shell for you to begin populating with pages and content - remember, we have a support ticketing system to answer any questions that come up along the way, as well as "Open Support" hours every week if in-person help works better for you.