Adventures MSU FAQ
Do I need to register for Adventures MSU? - Yes, space is limited for this program, so register early to secure your spot.
Is there a cost for this program? - Yes, the Early Bird Special is $450. This will cover food (including dinner on Sunday night), lodging (you will check-in to your assigned residence hall room prior to other incoming freshmen so you can get settled in), materials for the program, and transportation.
If I need to cancel my reservation, what is the refund policy? - We understand that life sometimes gets in the way of our plans and things have to change. To request a full refund, please contact the Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-994-7627 no later than July 20, 2018. Refunds cannot be guaranteed if your registration is canceled after July 20, 2018.
Where and When? - Adventures MSU participants will all receive a detailed schedule closer to the start of the program, but here is a "sneak peak":
- Sunday – Check-in to your residence hall starting at 10:00 a.m. and meet us in 101 Gaines Hall at 3:30 p.m
- Monday and Tuesday – Between Monday and Tuesday, you will:
- Spend the day in the Gallatin Canyon learning about what it takes to "make it" at MSU and what you should expect during your time here. We should also mention that you'll get to navigate a high ropes course, participate in team building activities and go on a hike... the perfect introduction to life in the Rocky Mountains.
- Getting down to the nitty-gritty. We will teach you the skills to be successful here at MSU and review "what it's all about." We'll end the day at Hyalite Canyon, where you can explore the reservoir by canoe, hike in the Gallatin National Forest, and see a beautiful Montana sunset followed by an evening BBQ.
- Date to be determined (will be held in September) - Checkpoint class 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Fall 2018 Semester - Attend Career Coaching, Success Advising, and Financial Education appointments
Why is MSU hosting this program?
- You chose MSU to pursue a dream (even if you aren't quite certain what "you'll be when you grow up"). This program will help you get on the right track to define and pursue your academic, personal and career goals - and you'll have a little fun while doing it.
- The transition to college life can be difficult; we believe that with a little help you can be a successful student at MSU.
- Bottom line, we want to see you succeed. You are a member of the MSU family and we are willing to invest in your success by hosting and rewarding you for your active participation.
What are the expectations of Adventures MSU?
- You must attend the entire program.
- You must actively participate in the program - reasonable expectations will be established during the first session to include the 3-day schedule and follow-on activities including one CheckPoint class in September.
- Complete assignments to support your academic success and career planning.
- Support from MSU professionals and peers will be provided after the program. Our hope is that we "check-in" regularly with each other to ensure your academic and personal success at MSU.