Adventures MSU FAQ
Do I need to register for Adventures MSU?
Yes. Space is limited, so register early to secure your spot.
What is the cost for this program?
The cost for the program is $450 if payment is received before July 10th, $499 if payment is received after July 10th. This cost is all-inclusive. It covers food, lodging, activities, transportation, and the registration fee for your first college credit.
Are there scholarships available for this program?
Yes, please view the scholarship application here.
Can I check into the residence hall early?
Yes! Check-in day for Adventures MSU is Sunday, August 9, 2020.
If I need to cancel my reservation, what is the refund policy?
We understand that life sometimes gets in the way of our plans, and things have to change. However because these programs are popular amongst our incoming students, we also need to ensure we are able to meet the demand of those students wanting to participate. Cancellations made within 10 days of registration will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made 10 days after registration will not receive a refund. Please contact the Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success at [email protected], or at 406-994-7627 for additional details.
What advantages will Adventures give me?
- Research shows that students who attend Adventures MSU are more likely to stay in school and do well academically.
- You chose MSU to pursue a dream. Adventures MSU will set you on the right track to define and pursue academic, personal, and career goals.
- You will become part of a community and begin engaging with campus life.
- Our professional Learning Strategist will help you learn the tricks of the college trade: time management, test preparation, study skills, and navigating campus resources.
- You will build relationships with experienced advisors who will provide a sounding board throughout your college career.
- The transition to college life can be difficult, but you are part of the MSU family now, and we believe that with a little support you will thrive at MSU.
What if I have an allergy, medical condition, or disability?
The Office of Student Success is committed to affording students with disabilities the opportunity to participate in our activities by providing access and reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to assure access. If you require accommodations, or if you have any allergies that you would like us to know about, please list them in the comments section of the registration form.
What are the residence hall move-in procedures for 2020?
Please refer to this communication for registered students about all the move-in details, click here.
For Parents and Families:
How will I stay in the know?
Follow the fun on our Facebook (@MSUSuccess) and Instagram (@MontanaState_Success) pages.
What are the emergency provisions?
We have satellite communication devices on hand for emergencies, even when we are out of cell range for a few hours. All outdoor activities are guided by people who are trained in first aid and emergency protocols.