Due to the heavy use of the Strand Union Building and the many requests for reservations, it is important that meeting room space be managed as efficiently as possible.
- All cancellations must be in writing by electronic correspondence and made through the Conference and Event Services Office.
- All groups and organizations will be charged a cancellation/no-show fee for failing to abide by the following required notice guidelines unless the user can show that the cause of the late cancellation was for reasons beyond the user's control.
- If for some reason your meeting does not go ahead because no one attends your meeting/event, you must notify Conference & Event Services during the scheduled meeting time or you may be charged a cancellation fee.
- Five or more cancellations and/or two or more no-shows within one academic year may result in the loss of room privileges for the remainder of the academic year as well as the following academic year.
Required notice guidlines and cancellation fees.
- Small meeting rooms (230, 232, 234, and 236) require a notice of 24 hours for cancellation with no penalty. All groups who fail to comply will be charged a cancellation fee of $25.
- Medium size meeting rooms (168, 233, 235, Procrastinator Theater, Alumni Lounge, Leigh Lounge & Single Ballroom Sections): Require a notice of ten days for cancellation with no penalty. All groups who fail to comply will be charged a cancellation fee of $50.
- Ballroom (two or more of the ballroom sections): Require a minimum thirty days notice for cancellation without penalty. All groups who fail to comply will be charged a cancellation fee of $200.