Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I schedule a campus visit?
- When is the best time to visit campus?
- Can I visit on a weekend?
- What should I expect on the day of my visit?
- Do we have to make a reservation/plan ahead? Or can we just show up?
- Is everything in a big group? Or do we get some one-on-one time?
- Can we schedule meetings with Financial Aid, Disability Services, etc?
- What if I need to cancel?
- What if I cannot take one of the regularly scheduled campus tours? Can I check out the campus on my own?
We appreciate at least two weeks notice to plan your campus visit (when possible). That gives us enough time to make the necessary arrangements to make your campus visit as valuable, insightful and fun as possible!
The best way to schedule your visit is by using our online Schedule a Visit form. If you have questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact The Graduate School Admissions Office at (406 ) 994-4125.
We want you to get the most out of your campus visit, so the best time to visit is during the regular academic year. It's best to visit campus when classes are in session and students are on campus. The Graduate School will be closed on all major holidays, please see the academic calendar or contact our office for this year's holidays.
Unfortunately, we cannot facilitate visits on the weekends. It's best to visit on a weekday if at all possible..
Your visit will be customized to your needs/interests. In order to organize everything, The Graduate School asks that you request your visit at least two weeks in advance. During your visit, you will have the option to tour campus (walking tours are offered through undergraduate admissions office), meet with a graduate admissions representative, and possibly meet with a department. The more notice you give us for your visit, the easier it will be for us to set up a meeting time with faculty/current graduate students in the department. If you have scheduled a walking campus tour it will be offered through the Undergraduate Admissions office and you will need to check in with them at your appointed time in the Strand Union Building Room 201. Outside of your campus tour time (if you have opted to do a campus tour) your meetings with graduate admissions (to go over any questions you might have about the application process) and your department of interest (where you may ask about graduate assistantship opportunities) will be scheduled and sent (typically by email) before you arrive.
You are welcome to call graduate housing for a "drop in" tour of graduate housing fitness center tour. However, if you would like to do a walking campus tour (offered through the Undergraduate Admissions Office) or meet with a graduate school representative and/or faculty member please contact us in advance so we can schedule those individual meetings and prepare materials for you.
Yes, of course! We are happy to arrange those meetings.
Please note that requests for ADA accommodations should be made at least two weeks prior to the MSU scheduled. Requests can be submitted to The Graduate School Office of Admissions at email@example.com, (406) 994-4125.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your campus visit, please give us a call at (406) 994-1989 or (888) MSU-CATS or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can cancel your meetings and tours. We are more than happy to reschedule your visit for a more convenient date.
Absolutely! We have an outstanding Self-Guided Walking Tour Booklet that is easy to follow, full of great historical and fun informational about the MSU campus, and even provides suggestions on how to explore the Bozeman area.
Where to stay in Bozeman
List of Bozeman Accommodations
HOTELS - Bozeman has a variety of overnight accommodations for you to choose from. A list is available online at bozemancvb.com/lodging. Inquire about possible MSU campus visitor discounts when making your reservations!
RENTAL CARS – We have a corporate discount available for campus visitors to rent a car at Enterprise Rent – A –Car . Please use the code 63MSU01 and the pin MSU when booking online, www.enterprise.com or calling the Airport location at (406) 388 – 7420 or Main Street location (406) 586 – 8010.
Top 10 things to do while you are visiting Bozeman
- Explore the "Main Street to the Mountains" hiking trail
- Visit the Museum of the Rockies
- Go shopping in downtown Bozeman
- Eat at a local restaurant (there are so many to choose from) La Parrilla, Ale Works, Naked Noodle, Santa Fe Reds...just to name a few. Ask the Graduate Admissions Staff for more recommendations.
- Explore Bridger Canyon
- Check out local music happenings
- Explore Lewis and Clark Caverns (late spring and summer only)
- Take a day trip to Yellowstone National Park
- Visit Hyalite Canyon and hike Palisade Falls
- Drive down the Gallatin Canyon to Big Sky
More information is available by calling the Bozeman Chamber of Commerce toll free at (800) 228-4224 or online at www.bozemanchamber.com.