Equity and Inclusion
My name is Craig Ogilvie and I serve graduate students as Graduate Dean. This is my commitment to you.
As a leader at a predominantly White institution, I commit to deeply reflect and take action to improve the experiences all our graduate students have, especially those that have social identities that are under-represented or marginalized in higher-education. This includes a critical examination and reworking of all our processes in graduate education like:
- Reducing implicit bias in recruiting and admissions
- Creating inclusive classroom environments, both as TAs and as graduate students
- Supporting faculty as they increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence in advising students from all backgrounds
- Using the diversity of experiences graduate students have to strengthen scholarship, rather than adopting a color- or gender-blind approach to mentoring
- Building communities of support for our graduate students so that they have a family away from home
I am committed to this work.
Your Graduate Dean