Alumni & Friends
"I had an unforgettable experience as a graduate student and amazing good fortune
at MSU. There was nothing like working in a hot, non-air conditioned lab all day,
then going down to the Gallatin to dive into a pool of cool, clear, blue water. Or
trodding through the snow to my research site on a little creek in the valley where,
miraculously, bugs were growing that solved a decades old problem of bio-corrosion.
Skiing, bicycling, hiking; early morning breakfasts on Main Street; trips to Yellowstone
and Glacier and Pony. It was all a gift."
Wayne H. Dickinson, Ph.D., Chemistry, 1996
Principal Scientist, Kemira Chemicals
Catch Up With Alumni
Graduate school is a place where students gain expertise in their field and prepare to become the scientists, engineers, nurses, educators, agronomists, artists and architects of tomorrow. Meet some of our alumni to see how graduate school affected their lives and their careers, and find out what they are doing today.
- Alexander Aston, History
- Tony Chang, Ecology & Environmental Sciences
- Wayne H. Dickinson, Chemistry
- Nick Hether, Biochemistry
- G. Stan Meloy, Marriage & Family Therapy, A Letter of Gratitude
- Randall Mullen, Land Resources & Environmental Sciences
- Afaf Nasseer, Plant Sciences, the first Iraqi student to earn a Ph.D. from Montana State University
- Laura Sampson, Physics, 2016 L’Oréal USA “For Women in Science” fellow
- Trista Vick-Majors, LRES/Ecology & Environmental Sciences
Connect with The Graduate School
Support Graduate Education
Individual and corporate giving provides support for graduate education that enhances state and research funding. Unrestricted support will help nurture an academic environment that inspires creativity, innovation and discovery, and will offer opportunities for graduate students in all academic departments. Click here to find out more about supporting graduate education.