In revision or review (* = student author)
- Andrews, T. M.*, B. B. Shepard, A. R. Litt, C. G. Kruse, L. M. Nelson, P. Clancy, A. V. Zale, M. L. Taper, and S. T. Kalinowski.
In review. Performance of juvenile Cutthroat Trout translocated as embryos from five populations
into a common habitat. North American Journal of Fisheries Management.
- Bielfelt, B.*, and A. R. Litt. In review. The tangled issue of native invasive species: Understanding the effects of increased
dominance of Heteropogon contortus (tanglehead). Rangeland Ecology and Management.
- Zabransky, C. J.*, D. G. Hewitt, R. W. DeYoung, S. Gray, C. Richardson, A. R. Litt, and C. A. DeYoung. In review. A detection probability model for aerial surveys of mule deer in southwestern rangelands. Journal of Wildlife Management.
- Mitchell, A. B.*, and A. R. Litt. In revision. Nonnative plant shifts arthropod functional groups following drought. Biological Invasions.
- Litt, A. R., and R. J. Steidl. In revision. Complex demographic responses of a common small mammal to a plant invasion.
Published or In press (listed chronologically)
- Kenison, E.*, A. R. Litt, D. S. Pilliod, and T. E. McMahon. In press. Larval long-toed salamanders incur nonconsumptive effects to morphology and life-history
traits in the presence of introduced trout. Ecosphere.
- Kenison, E.*, A. R. Litt, D. S. Pilliod, and T. E. McMahon. 2016. The role of habitat complexity in predator-prey dynamics between an introduced fish
and larval salamander. Canadian Journal of Zoology. (abstract)
- Ray, A., A. Sepulveda, B. Hossack, D. Patla, D. Thoma, R. Al-Chokhachy, and A. R. Litt. 2015. Monitoring greater Yellowstone ecosystem wetlands: Can long-term monitoring
help us understand their future? Yellowstone Science 23(1):44-53. Special Issue on Ecological Implications of Climate Change on the Greater Yellowstone
Ecosystem pdf (link to full issue)
- Litt, A. R., E. E. Cord*, T. E. Fulbright, and G. L. Schuster. 2014. Effects of invasive plants on arthropods:
A review. Conservation Biology 28:1532–1549. pdf
- Andrews, T. M.*, B. B. Shepard, A. R. Litt, C. G. Kruse, A. V. Zale, and S. T. Kalinowski. 2013. Juvenile movement among different
populations of cutthroat trout introduced as embryos to vacant habitat. North American
Journal of Fisheries Management 33:795-805. pdf
- Donohue, R. N.*, D. G. Hewitt, T. E. Fulbright, C. A. DeYoung, A. R. Litt, and D. A. Draeger. 2013. Aggressive behavior in white-tailed deer at concentrated
food sites as affected by population density. Journal of Wildlife Management 77:1401-1408. pdf
- Fulbright, T. E., A. Lozano-Cavazos*, D. C. Ruthven, and A. R. Litt. 2013. Plant and small vertebrate composition and diversity 36-39 years after root plowing.
Rangeland Ecology and Management 66:19-25. pdf
- Kalinowski, S. T., M. J. Leonard, T. M. Andrews*, and A. R. Litt. 2013. Six classroom exercises for teaching natural selection to undergraduate biology
students. CBE Life Sciences Education 12:483-493. pdf
- Litt, A. R., and D. E. Pearson. 2013. Invasive plants and wildlife in the Intermountain West.
Invited contribution, special issue of The Wildlife Society Bulletin 37:517-526. pdf
- Steen, D. A., L. L. Smith, L. M. Conner, A. R. Litt, L. Provencher, J. K. Hiers, S. Pokswinski, and C. Guyer. 2013. Reptile assemblage
response to restoration of fire-suppressed longleaf pine sandhills. Ecological Applications
- Steen, D. A., L. L. Smith, G. Morris, L. M. Conner, A. R. Litt, S. Pokswinski, and C. Guyer. 2013. Response of Aspidoscelis sexlineatus (six-lined racerunner) to habitat restoration in fire-suppressed Pinus palustris (longleaf pine) sandhills. Restoration Ecology 21:457-463. pdf
- Steidl, R. J., C. J. Conway, and A. R. Litt. 2013. Power to detect trends in abundance of secretive marsh birds: Effects of
species traits and sampling effort. Journal of Wildlife Management 77:445-453. pdf
- Steidl, R. J., A. R.Litt, and W. J. Matter. 2013. Effects of plant invasions on wildlife in desert grasslands.
Invited contribution, special issue of The Wildlife Society Bulletin 37:527-536.pdf
- Ayala-A, F., J. A. Ortega-S, T. E. Fulbright, G. A. Rasmussen, D. L. Drawe, D. R.
Synatzke, and A. R. Litt. 2012. Long-term effects of aeration and fire on invasion of exotic grasses in mixed-brush
plant communities. Rangeland Ecology and Management 62:153-159. pdf
- Kahl, S. S.*, S. E. Henke, M. A. Hall, A. R. Litt, G. Perry, and D. Britton. 2012. Examining a potential brown treesnake transport
pathway: Shipments from Guam. Human-Wildlife Interactions 6:204-211 (special issue
on brown treesnakes). pdf
- Litt, A. R., and R. J. Steidl. 2011. Interactive effects of fire and nonnative plants on small mammals in grasslands. Wildlife
Monographs 176:1-31. pdf
- Litt, A. R., and R. J. Steidl. 2010. Insect assemblages change along a gradient of invasion by
a nonnative grass. Biological Invasions 12:3449-3463. pdf
- Litt, A. R., and R. J. Steidl. 2010. Improving estimates of abundance by aggregating sparse capture-recapture
data. The Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics 15:228-247. pdf
- Steidl, R. J., and A. R. Litt. 2009. Do plant invasions change the effects of fire on animals? Fire Ecology 5:56-66. pdf
- Provencher, L., A. R. Litt, and D. R. Gordon. 2003. Predictors of species richness in northwestern Florida longleaf
pine sandhills. Conservation Biology 17:1660‑1671. pdf
- Litt, A. R., B. J. Herring, and L. Provencher. 2001. Herbicide effects on ground-layer vegetation
in southern pinelands, USA: A review. Natural Areas Journal 21:177-188. pdf
- Litt, A. R., L. Provencher, G. W. Tanner, and R. Franz. 2001. Herpetofaunal responses to restoration
treatments of longleaf pine sandhills in Florida. Restoration Ecology 9:462‑474. pdf
- Provencher, L., B. J. Herring, D. R. Gordon, L., H. L. Rodgers, G. W. Tanner, J. L.
Hardesty, L. A. Brennan, and A. R. Litt. 2001. Longleaf pine and oak responses to hardwood reduction techniques in fire‑suppressed
sandhills in northwest Florida. Forest Ecology and Management 148:63‑77. pdf
- Provencher, L., A. R. Litt, D. R. Gordon, H. L. Rodgers, B. J. Herring, K. E. M. Galley, J. P. McAdoo, S. J.
McAdoo, N. M. Gobris, and J. L. Hardesty. 2001. Restoration fire and hurricanes in
longleaf pine sandhills. Ecological Restoration 19:92‑98. pdf
- Litt, A. R., L. Provencher, D. R. Gordon, B. J. Herring, J. P. McAdoo, S. J. McAdoo, J. L. Hardesty,
G. W. Tanner, and L. A. Brennan. 2000. How are longleaf pines affected by different
methods of hardwood reduction? Journal of Forestry Focus Section 98:3.
- Litt, A. R. 1998. Response of the herpetofaunal community to three sandhill restoration treatments.
Bulletin of the Gopher Tortoise Council 18:4.
Andrea R. Litt
Department of Ecology
Montana State University
P.O. Box 173460
Bozeman, MT 59717-3460
Tel: (406) 994-2332
Fax: (406) 994-3190
Office: Lewis 302
Lab: AJMJ 230