Orientation Registration Instructions
You must follow the instructions below to properly register for an Orientation/Class Registration session. Please read them carefully.
Please follow the instructions below to register for an Orientation/Class Registration session. If you have any questions, or encounter any issues, please contact the Orientation office at (406) 994-2827 or [email protected].
1. Access MSU's MyInfo Website
Go to Montana State University's student portal site, MyInfo. We recommend keeping this instructions window open so you can proceed through steps 2 and 3.
2. Claim your NetID
Please note: if you have already claimed your NetID, please proceed to step 3.
- Start by visiting the Claim/Retrieve your NetID webpage. Enter your student ID number. This number may be found on your acceptance letter, and is formatted as follows: -01234567. Be sure to include the dash when entering your ID number.
- When prompted, enter your date of birth.
- The site will provide you with your NetID. It is formatted as follows: x99p999. Please write your NetID down before proceeding.
- Select the Self-Service Password Portal link below your NetID.
- Click on the blue "Go to Password Portal" button.
- Select the "New User Setup" option in the self-service dashboard.
- Configure your profile and set a secure password of your choice.
3. Log In to MyInfo
- Start by visiting the MyInfo login page. If you have not claimed your NetID at this point, please select the "Claim your
NetID now" option.
- Choose the "Log in to MyInfo (NetID)" option.
- Enter your NetID in the username box, and your password.
- You should now have access to your MyInfo dashboard. To access your admissions checklist, select the "Undergraduate Admissions Checklist" option.
4. View your Undergraduate Admissions Checklist.
- Select the "Undergraduate Admissions Checklist" option from the main menu.
- Scroll down to the Orientation/Class Registration section of the checklist.
5. Register for Orientation/Class Registration.
- If Orientation registration is open for your enrollment term, the form will be accessible.
Orientation registration for new students attending MSU in the fall of 2021 is now open.
Questions? We're here to help.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You can email our
staff at [email protected], or call us Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm MT at 1-888-MSU-CATS.