Recruitment for the Fall 2023- Spring 2024 AdvoCat program is active, we have extended our application deadline to Friday April 21st, 2023. Please fill out the below application or email Lauren Kaiser-Jackson at [email protected] if interested.
Thank you for your interest in the AdvoCat tour guide program! Below, you will find our application form. Before submitting an application, please read all of the information listed below carefully.
MSU AdvoCats are the Office of Admissions’ Student Ambassadors and serve as one of the initial points of contact for prospective students visiting Montana State University. They provide campus tours one day per week at scheduled times (10:00am or 3:00pm), help coordinate and facilitate MSU’s large-scale preview days, MSU Fridays, and engage with Deans, Directors, and other faculty/staff members across campus.
AdvoCats are required to enroll in HLD 494, a one-credit training course in BOTH the fall and spring semesters, where they learn how to give campus tours by learning about various academic programs, student initiatives, support services/resources and MSU history and traditions.
- Provide daily campus tours for prospective students one day per week at either 10:00am or 3:00pm.
- Help host prospective students during MSU Fridays (~6 each year).
- Volunteer for “special” tours for high school groups, prospective faculty/staff members, specific interest groups, etc.
- Students must be of sophomore standing or above (graduate students included!) during the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Students must assist with one scheduled campus tour per week and all MSU Fridays.
- AdvoCats are scheduled for a weekly campus tour during the fall and spring semesters.
- AdvoCats give campus tours at MSU Friday and help direct participants around campus.
- AdvoCats are excellent representatives for MSU!
- Students must enroll in HLD 494 – AdvoCat Training Seminar, a one-credit, 400-level
training course held in both fall and spring semesters. Being an AdvoCat is a one
year commitment (excluding senior students graduating after the fall semester). Students
will complete short assignments, tour evaluations and a course evaluation each semester.
Fall Semester: 4:10-5:30pm
Tour guide training
Spring Semester: 4:10-5:00pm
- Additional tour guide training
- Student Appreciation Banquet
- AdvoCat Recruitment
- Students must be supportive of the mission statement at Montana State University.
- Students must be enthusiastic and have a sincere desire to assist in the recruitment process of prospective students.
AdvoCats is an outstanding organization that is well-respected at Montana State University. Being an AdvoCat takes responsibility, dedication and hard work. Thank you for your interest! We look forward to reviewing your application!
Please Lauren Kaiser-Jackson, at [email protected] with any questions.
denotes required fields.
Montana State University
Office of Admissions
201 Strand Union Building (SUB)
P.O. Box 172190
Bozeman, MT 59717
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain
Monday - Friday
Toll Free: 1-888-MSU-CATS
Email: [email protected]