Apply today to be a campus tour guide for the 2021-22 academic year!
Applications are due Friday, April 9th by 5:00pm MDT.
Thank you for your interest in the AdvoCat tour guide program! Below, you will find our application form. Before submitting an application, please read all of the information listed below carefully.
The campus tour program at Montana State University serves thousands of visitors each year. Under the supervision of the program coordinators, Anders Groseth and Elicia Palmer, and two student coordinators, MSU AdvoCats promote and personalize the University to prospective students, their families, and other guests to campus. Through guided walking tours of campus, MSU AdvoCats educate visitors about academics, campus life as well as the history, traditions, and achievements of the University. The position of an MSU AdvoCat is a volunteer student leadership position. Guided tours last approximately one hour and are offered Monday – Friday at 9am and 2pm year-round (except for University observed holidays).
- Students will be required to take a one-credit, 400-level training course Fall semester on Wednesdays from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. and Spring semester Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Students must be of sophomore to senior standing during the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Students must assist with campus tours and MSU Saturday's.
- AdvoCats are scheduled for a weekly campus tour during the fall and spring semesters.
- AdvoCats give campus tours at MSU Saturday and help direct participants around campus.
- AdvoCats are excellent representatives for MSU!
- Students must be supportive of the mission statement at Montana State University.
- Students must be enthusiastic and have a sincere desire to assist in the recruiting process of prospective students.
AdvoCats is an outstanding organization that is well-respected at Montana State University. Being an AdvoCat takes responsibility, dedication, and hard work. Thank you for your interest! We look forward to reviewing your application!
Please contact AdvoCat Program Coordinator, Anders Groseth at [email protected] with any questions.
Once you have submitted the application please immediately sign-up for a group interview time using the link that is provided.
denotes required fields.