Library Media Certificate
Join the next generation of school librarians with a school library media certificate or a M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction with library media core.
The school library media certificate program is designed for teachers with a valid United States (or its territories) teaching license who wish to obtain an added endorsement.
- MSU’s program is 100% online and courses are asynchronous- no live class meetings
- No GRE required
- For the certificate, graduate in as little as 3 semesters (1 academic year)
- For the master’s, graduate in less than 2 years
All of MSU’s education programs are accredited by the Montana Board of Public Education and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). We also participate in the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification’s (NASDTEC) interstate agreement.
Two options to complete the Library Media Certificate are available:
- Library Media Certificate
Contact Dr. Deborah Rinio for information about the Library Media Certificate. This program is geared to licensed teachers who want to obtain the school library media endorsement or teachers seeking school library media professional development.
- Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Professional Educator Option. The Library Media program offers an option to earn a Masters degree (M.Ed.) in Curriculum & Instruction after completion of all Library Media coursework. The Masters portion involves completion of 9 additional credits past the 21 required by the Library Media Certificate program, and these courses are also offered online. Contact Dr. Kalonde, Curriculum and Instruction Program Leader for additional information or visit the Curriculum & Instruction website.
A student may apply to the full M.Ed. program at any time during or after their library media certificate program; however, all courses for both must be completed within 6 years. Students who choose this option will be enrolled in two programs simultaneously: Library Media Certificate and Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction.