Prospective graduate students interested in learning about the department's programs may wish to start by filling out the prospective graduate student information request. You will receive everything you need to know about MSU academics, campus life, and more.

prospective graduate student information request

Links to the Left and Up A great deal of information about the department, its undergraduate and graduate programs, is available through the links at the left or above.

Contacts to the Left Contact information for the undergraduate advising center and the graduate program office can be found below the links or at the bottom of this page. We would be delighted to answer any questions you may have.


Are you interested in becoming a teacher?


TEP Promo

At the MSU Department of Education, we offer a number of different paths to becoming a teacher.

Are you a prospective undergraduate student or an undergraduate student already enrolled at MSU?

MSU offers undergraduate paths to initial teacher licensure in many subject areas.
Click here to learn more.

Have you already graduated from college with an undergraduate degree and are now seeking a career as a teacher?

You may wish to begin with the Prospective Post-Baccalaureate Student Survey. Submitted survey results go to the Department of Education at Montana State University–Bozeman.

If you already have a Bachelor’s degree in a teachable major and do not currently have Licensure, you may enroll in the University Teacher Certification program. This will lead you to State Licensure granted through the state OPI office and enable you to begin teaching at the K-12 level.
Click here to learn more.

If you hold a Bachelor’s degree in a teachable major, have Licensure and have 3 or more years of teaching experience you may apply to our Curriculum and Instruction Masters Program. We offer three options for people interested in the following fields: Professional Educator, Technology Education, or Educational Researcher.
Click here to learn more.

If you wish to teach at higher education institutions, you will need to earn both Bachelor and Master degrees from the department of your content of expertise to become an adjunct professor. To become a professor you will need a subsequent Ph.D. from the same department. Please contact the department of your expertise for more information.