Get Your Paramedic Degree Through Distance Learning
Do you have an EMT license and want to become a paramedic? Through the OneMSU Network, you can now get a two-year degree in paramedicine from City College MSU Billings by utilizing a combination of online and hands-on learning.
This associate degree program enables you to:
- Take required math, science and writing courses online.
- Take paramedic courses online, traveling periodically for in-person labs at either Great Falls College or City College in Billings.
- Receive hands-on clinical and internship training at sites in Great Falls, Billings or another approved location in Montana.
- Graduate in as little as 18 months.
- Enter a career field with a median annual wage of $48,980 in Montana.
If you’re interested in a fast-paced career and saving lives in your community, the paramedic profession may be right for you. From heart attacks to injuries, paramedics are often the first to arrive at the scene of an emergency. As first responders, paramedics provide vital, life-saving care as they coordinate the transport and rescue of patients.
Paramedic Degree Program Overview
This sprint degree program at City College MSU Billings is an 18-month program for students who hold a current National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) certification card and have at least 100 hours of EMT experience.
After successfully completing the paramedic program at City College MSU Billings, you will earn an Associate of Applied Science in paramedicine and will be prepared to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Paramedic Exam.
Launch Your Paramedic Career
Students who don’t have an NREMT certification can enroll in an EMT course, which
typically take a few weeks to complete. Both online and in-person courses are available
through third parties. Contact an advisor from City College at (406) 247-3019 / [email protected] to learn more about your options.
The following providers have a history of offering National Registry EMT courses in Montana:
- Aerie Backcountry Medicine, (406)-542-9972
- Big Horn Fire Company, (406) 581-0412
- Big Sky EMS, Hosted by MSU Billings, (406) 670-5021
- Fight or Flight Emergency Medical Educators, (304) 543-6208
- Flathead Valley Community College, (406) 756-3822
- Great Falls College MSU, (406)-771-4300
- Inter Mountain Medical Educators, (406)-581-7032