OneMSU's Distance Learning Solution
Thanks to the OneMSU Network, more students than ever before can access an AAS degree in surgical technology from Great Falls College MSU. Through this exciting collaboration between the OneMSU Network's two-year colleges in Montana, you can:
- Take prerequisites and labs locally from your nearest OneMSU Network college.
- Take surgical technology classes in person at Great Falls College or watch the same lectures broadcast live to classrooms at Gallatin College in Bozeman or City College in Billings.
- Get hands-on, clinical training at healthcare facilities in Bozeman, Billings, or Great Falls.
- Earn an AAS degree in surgical technology from Great Falls College.
- Launch your career while staying connected to your friends, family, and community.
Surgical Technology Career
If you think you would thrive in the fast-paced environment of the hospital operating room, consider becoming a surgical technologist.
Surgical technologists, sometimes known as scrub nurses or scrub techs, work under the supervision of a surgeon to facilitate invasive surgical procedures. Job openings in surgical technology are expected to grow much faster than average, and surgical technologists earn a median annual wage of $47,670 in Montana.
As a surgical technologist, you might set up equipment, hand off tools during surgery, keep track of surgical instruments, or cut sutures, among many more duties in the operating room. You may even be able to hold a beating heart in your hands or be part of a team that performs life-altering surgeries. You will certainly work closely with a surgeon and play an important role in maintaining a sterile environment and keeping patients safe.
Surgical Technology Program Overview
An AAS degree in surgical technology from Great Falls College connects students to an exciting and rewarding career in healthcare.
The curriculum for this two-year degree provides the theoretical foundations for operating-room techniques, along with practical, hands-on training through labs and clinicals. Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to sit for a national examination to become Certified Surgical Technologists (CST).
The Surgical Technology Program at Great Falls College is accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting.
Start Your Career
Contact an advisor from your nearest OneMSU college for questions and to get important instructions on how to take the next step toward a career in surgical technology.