Excellence in Outreach Award
Nominations and award selections shall recognize especially significant outreach/engagement achievements, outreach programming, and/or an established body of outreach/engagement related scholarship work. Nominations recognizing efforts that go above and beyond the scope of the nominee’s position may receive priority consideration. (For clarification - Outreach refers to the provision of programs, services, activities, and/or expertise to those outside the traditional university community of faculty, staff, and students. Engagement involves a partnership in which there is mutually beneficial, two-way interaction that is most often between the university (students, faculty, and staff) and other communities. ) For additional definition, description and examples please see the MSU position paper on Outreach and Engagement at http://www.montana.edu/outreachengagementcouncil/
All full-time faculty and staff at MSU-Bozeman are eligible to be recognized. Two Excellence in Outreach Awards ar given; one for faculty and one for staff positions.
Office of Academic Affairs, Outreach and Engagement Council and Extension
• Significant outreach/engagement achievements, outreach programming, and/or an established body of outreach/engagement related scholarship work.
• Efforts that go above and beyond the scope of the nominee's position.
Nomination Materials Required
Please complete separate nominations for faculty or staff awards. A completed application will consist of:
• Nomination letter (specifying faculty or staff award nomination) which includes a brief summary (limited to 2 pages) describing the accomplishments of the nominee. The nominating letter should speak to the significance and impact of the nominee’s outreach and/or engagement achievement.
• A current vita not to exceed 8 pages.
• An abstract of not more than 200 words that could be included in the Provost’s Excellence in Outreach Annual Report.
• Two letters of support - One must be from the nominee’s current supervisor. The letters of support should speak to the significance and impact of the nominee’s outreach/engagement achievement. The nominator must obtain and submit both letters with the nomination materials.
Kim Obbink, firstname.lastname@example.org, 994-6550