This award is designed to recognize a faculty member who advances the mission of
the public land grant institution through their visionary and sustained commitment
to higher education in Montana. The faculty member’s demonstrated efforts transform
lives and communities in support of the people’s interest.
All faculty at MSU
Office of Academic Affairs
- Outstanding demonstration and commitment to teaching in support of Montana State University’s
vision to transform lives and communities in the people’s interest;
- Exceptional commitment for creating transformational learning experiences and outstanding
educational outcomes for all students;
- Exemplary demonstration of one or more of MSU values to advance educational access
for students from across Montana:
- Excellence, integrity, inclusion, collaboration, curiosity, stewardship;
- Well-defined demonstration of innovation in practices to invite and sustain student
learning and engagement.
Nomination Materials Required
In a letter of support, nominators should clearly reference the above criteria, and
where possible provide examples of efficacy and/or impact. In addition to the nomination
letter, the nominator must submit a maximum of two letters of support with his/her
letter of nomination. Support letters must describe the nature of the accomplishment(s)
relative to creating transformational learning experiences and outstanding educational
outcomes for all students who are learning from the nominated faculty member.
Carina Beck, Allen Yarnell Center for Student Success, [email protected]