Provost's Award for Graduate Research/ Creativity Mentoring
In recognition of the importance of graduate research/creativity, Montana State University-Bozeman has established the Provost’s Award for Graduate Research/Creativity Mentoring. Sponsored by the Provost, this award will be given annually to a faculty member who engages graduate students in this valuable learning process.
Office of Academic Affairs
The following guidelines apply to the nomination and selection process:
Each Dean may nominate one faculty member from the College. The Dean of Letters and
Science may nominate two candidates: one from Letters and one from Science. Nomination
materials should include a current curriculum vitae
and a letter of endorsement (not to exceed two pages) from the Dean which highlights the nominee’s contribution to graduate research/creativity mentoring.
All faculty who have held a faculty appointment at MSU for at least 5 years are eligible.
Selection criteria will include:
- Number of graduate students mentored as major professor, and their success.
- Number of research or creative collaborations with graduate students at MSU.
- Record of excellence and effectiveness in activities such as:
- Onboarding new graduate students
- Guiding graduate students toward intellectual and professional independence
- Helping graduate students overcome academic or personal obstacles
- Job placement / career advising of graduating students
- Innovation in graduate student mentoring.
- Each Dean may nominate one faculty member. The Dean of Letters and Science may nominate two candidates: one from Letters and one from Science.
- One award may be given.
Craig Ogilvie, Graduate School, [email protected] or 994-4145