James and Mary Ross Provost's Award for Excellence
The James and Mary Ross Provost’s Award for Excellence will recognize excellence in teaching and scholarship at Montana State University Bozeman. Particular emphasis will be placed on faculty with superior scholarship/research credentials teaching first year, sophomore or core courses. Evaluation criteria will be based on the nominee’s teaching, and scholarship/research.
All full-time faculty and staff at MSU-Bozeman are eligible to be recognized.
James and Mary Ross and the Office of Academic Affairs
• Evidence of lecture or laboratory/recitation/studio activities that promote inquiry and synthesis of information at the introductory level.
• Excellent student evaluations (letters or standardized instruments).
• Evidence of prior teaching awards at the college, university, national or professional society level.
• Peer evaluations of teaching excellence/creativity.
• Outstanding scholarship can be established through publications of books, poetry, juried art exhibits and invited lectures as well as grantsmanship and scientific journal publication.
Nomination Materials Required
A completed application will consist of a current curriculum vitae for the candidate and a letter of endorsement (not to exceed two pages) from the Dean.
Julie Heard, Office of the Provost, 994-4373, [email protected]