Emeritus and Retired Faculty
To request emeritus status for a retired faculty member:
- Complete the Board of Regents item template. Note the Board of Regents deadlines for meeting agenda items (first link on BOR website).
- The policy can be found in the Faculty Handbook.
- The length of the document should be between 1 and 2 pages.
- Write it as a narrative testimonial to the success and impact of the professor. Imagine having the nomination read out loud at the Regents meeting or at a ceremony endowing the title on the professor.
- Forward the completed template to the Dean's Office with a nomination memo from the Department Head. The nomination memo does not need to be lengthy.
- Provide the Regents template and nomination memo in a Word document format.
If the Dean approves of the request, it will be forwarded to the Provost's Office. If the Provost approves of the request, it will be added as an agenda item for the next Board of Regents' meeting and acted upon by the Regents. Board of Regents Policy Reference