Language required in Tenure Track Faculty LOH
- Contributing to the recruiting and advising of students.
Determining retention and tenure review dates
Retention and Tenure Review Dates Worksheet
- Tenure Credit Date for start dates at any point in the calendar year.
- Academic Year Appointment: August 16
- Fiscal Year Appointment: July 1
- Example 1: Start date: 3/1/2013; Tenure credit date: 8/16/2013
- Example 2: Start date: 10/1/2013; Tenure credit date: 8/16/2013
- Retention Review occurs in the fall of the third year of employment.
- Example: Start date: 3/1/2013; Tenure credit date: 8/16/2013; Retention Review: Fall 2015
- Tenure Review occurs during the academic year of the sixth year of employment.
- Example: Start date: 3/1/2013; Tenure credit date: 8/16/2013; Tenure Review: AY 2018-2019
- Credit toward Tenure may be granted at hire.
- 1 or 2 years of credit: See the instructions with the chart.
- 3 years of credit: No retention review. Tenure review conducted during the sixth year of creditable service. See the chart.
- Policy allows no more than three years of credit toward Tenure.
- An extension may be granted on the review time frame under certain circumstances. See MSU policy for details.