Suspension Appeals Process
If you receive a suspension notice and want to submit an appeal of the suspension, you will need to do two things.
- Complete the Suspension Appeal Cover Sheet.
- Contact the Assistant/Associate Dean of the College in which your program resides.
In some cases, this contact person may be a Student Success Coordinator or someone
else appointed by the college.
- Agriculture: Tracy Dougher, [email protected] (994-3681)
- Arts and Architecture: JoDee Palin, [email protected] (994-6654)
- Business: Brenda Truman, [email protected] (994-4681)
- Education, Health and Human Development: Joe Hicks, [email protected] (994-6753)
- Engineering: Jennifer Clark, [email protected] (994-2272)
- Gallatin College: Sarah Maki, [email protected] (994-5536)
- Graduate School: Donna Negaard, [email protected] (994-4147)
- Letters and Science: David Cherry, [email protected] (994-4288)
- Nursing: Paul Swift, [email protected] (994-5726)
- University Studies: Sheila Gilbertson, [email protected] (994-3532)
After your suspension appeal is submitted to the appropriate Assistant/Associate Dean's office it will be provided to the Appeals Board for review, evaluation and decision. The decision will be provided to the Assistant Dean and the Registrar. Students should contact their Assistant/Associate Dean to learn the appeal decision.
If you receive a Suspend Warning notice, please see your Assistant/Associate Dean. If you receive a College or University Probation notice, please see your Academic Advisor.
If you choose not to appeal-Returning after your academic suspension:
If you choose not to appeal and want to return to Montana State University after you serve your two semester suspension, you must:
- file an intent to register form through MyInfo by the deadline published in the catalog
- meet with the Assistant/Associate Dean of your program
- meet with your assigned advisor
- register for classes
All of these steps must be completed before the first day of classes; otherwise your registration may be delayed until the following semester.