Although the residence halls officially close during Winter break students are able to stay on campus. There is an additional charge for students who stay on campus during Winter break housing (inclusive of Headwaters Complex and ResLife Apartments); these costs are not assessed to students who do not utilize the services. Only authorized individuals are allowed in the residence halls during breaks, therefore guests are not permitted as this is a service that we can provide to hall residents only. Students staying on campus for Winter Break may be required to temporarily move during the break period.
Hall residents will be able to stay in their assigned rooms during other break periods (Thanksgiving and Spring breaks) with no additional cost.
November 21-23, 2018
To log into the registration forms, use the following information:
Password: NetID Password
For information on shuttle service to the Bozeman Airport: Thanksgiving Break Airport Shuttle
- No classes from Nov. 21-23, 2018 - MSU Offices are open on Nov. 21, 2018 but will be closed on Nov. 22-23, 2018.
- There is no charge for Thanksgiving Break, however students are expected to register to stay on campus during this time.
- Students who are not registered for Thanksgiving Break will need to vacate the residence halls by 12pm on Nov. 21, 2018 and can return to their room starting at 12pm on Nov. 25, 2018.
- The dining hall(s) may be open but on a modified schedule for Thanksgiving Break. Dining hall schedule(s) will be available once those details have been finalized.
Thanksgiving On-Campus Dining Options
- Thursday, November 22 - - Thanksgiving Dinner - Rendezvous Open: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Fri., November 23 - Sat., November 24 - - Rendezvous Open: 10:00am - 12:00pm (Brunch) and 5:00pm-7:00pm (Dinner)
- Sunday, November 25 - - Rendezvous Open: 10:00am - 12:00pm (Brunch) and 4:30pm-7:00pm (Dinner)
- Sunday, November 25 - - Miller Dining Commons Open: 4:30pm-7:00pm (Dinner)
December 15, 2018-January 6, 2019
Halls open January 6, 2019 at 12:00pm
If you need Winter Break housing, please stop by the Roskie Hall Front Desk to request housing.
- Students will be charged $25/night (up to $375) to stay on campus during Winter break housing (inclusive of Headwaters Complex and ResLife Apartments).
- Due to safety and security concerns, guests are not allowed during interim or break housing periods.
- Mail/packages are not distributed or forwarded during break periods.
- MSU Offices will be closed on Dec. 25, 2018 and Jan. 1, 2019.
- All dining halls will be closed during Winter Break.
March 18-22, 2019
- No classes from March 18-22, 2019 - MSU Offices are open during Spring Break.
- There is no charge for Spring Break, however students are expected to register to stay on campus during this time.
- Students who are not registered for Spring Break will need to vacate the residence halls by 12pm on March 16, 2019 and can return to their room starting at 12pm on March 24, 2019.
- The dining hall(s) may be open but on a modified schedule for Spring Break. Dining hall schedule(s) will be available once those details have been finalized.
The residence halls officially close for the 2018-2019 academic year on Saturday May 4, 2019, however residents attending summer school and/or those signed up to live with us for the 2019-2020 academic year do have the option of living in the halls for the summer.