Although the residence halls officially close during Winter Break students are able to stay on campus. There is an additional charge for all residence hall students who stay on campus during Winter Break housing (inclusive of Headwaters Complex). These costs are not assessed to students who do not utilize this service. Only authorized individuals are allowed in the residence halls during breaks, therefore guests are not permitted as this is a service that we can provide to hall residents only. Students staying on campus for Winter Break may be required to temporarily move during the break period.
November 25, 2020 - January 6, 2021
Register for Winter Break Housing online through the Housing Portal starting on September 22, 2020!
- Winter Break Registration will be available online through the Housing Portal in the Break Housing section starting September 22, 2020 at 9am.
- All residence halls close for Winter break on Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm and remain closed through approximately Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 12:00pm. Dates are subject to change.
- MSU Offices will be closed on the following days:
- Thursday, November 26, 2020-Friday, November 27, 2020
- Friday, December 25, 2020
- Friday, January 1, 2021
- The cost for Winter Break Housing is $25 per night. This will be billed to their student account.
- Students who are not registered for Winter Break will need to vacate the residence halls by 5:00pm on Wednesday, November 25, 2020.
- Some residence halls will remain available for Winter break housing with the possibility of more halls being available if there is enough demand and staff. Students living in halls that are closed for Winter Break may stay in temporary empty rooms during Winter break in available halls.
- All dining halls are closed for Winter Break.
- Miller Dining Commons and Rendezvous Dining Pavilion will close at 7:00pm on Wednesday, November 25, 2020 and re-open Friday, January 8, 2021 for dinner.
- Students leaving on-campus housing or MSU after the Fall 2020 semester are not eligible for Winter Break Housing and need to be checked-out of their rooms by 5:00pm on Wednesday, November 25, 2020.
- Accommodations are for registered residents only, visitors, non-registered residents, and/or overnight guests are not permitted. This is inclusive of the ResLife Apartments and Headwaters Complex.
- Mail may not be sorted, distributed, or delivered to halls for Winter Break depending on staffing. Please plan accordingly.
- The terms of the Residence Life Contract and policies and procedures outlined in the Residence Hall Handbook and the MSU Student Code of Conduct will be in full effect. All policy violations discovered during this time will be documented and processed through the Residence Life conduct system.
Updated 9/21/2020 - Dates and Information is subject to change and any changes will reflect on this page.