Room & Board

room and board

2024-2025 Rates

Our room & board rates, which are listed are per semester. In addition to these charges, a Residence Hall Association (RHA) program fee of $15 is assessed each semester.

Any student who is placed on a Living Learning Community (LLC) floor will have an additional fee of $50/semester to pay for programming and educational opportunities on the floor.

refund schedule

Refund Schedule

For those students who withdraw from MSU or who have an approved Contract Release, University Student Housing will issue a refund (if applicable) based on the University Student Housing Refund Schedule.

If you have any questions, please contact University Student Housing at [email protected] or at (406) 994-2661.

Please Note: Any student who cancels their housing contract before the end of the contract period (end of the spring academic semester) will be assessed a $300 cancellation fee for terminating their academic year long housing contract.

meal plans

Meal Plans

All meal plans are unlimited access to the all-you-care-to-eat residential dining venues during operating business hours.

7 day Plan
Bobcat Gold - includes $150 CatCash
Bobcat Silver - CatCash not included

5 day Plan
Bobcat Copper - includes $150 CatCash
Bobcat Bronze - CatCash not included

Cat Cash: Your CatCard can be used as a debit card at various campus vendor locations by depositing money at the CatCard office, deposit CatCash online on the CatCard GET mobile app, or at the University Student Housing Cashier's office.

students walking on campus


Institutional and national research suggests that students who live on campus are significantly more inclined to remain in college, graduate in 4 years and achieve higher GPAs in comparison to students living off campus. In support of the mission of Montana State University, any new MSU student with less than 30 credit hours from another college or university or 2 semesters accomplished in a residence hall setting, are required to live in university owned residence halls. A limited number of exemptions to this policy may be granted by the University Student Housing Office.

AP or dual enrollment credits earned during High School do not count towards the 30 credit hour exemption. All college credits must be earned post high school graduation to be counted towards a housing exemption.

For more information or if you think you qualify for an exemption, please submit a request online.

students walking on campus

Laundry Info

University Student Housing is committed to providing quality services and amenities for our students living in the residence halls. In an effort to provide students with an opportunity to report issues with our laundry machines, we are asking that students report washer/dryer issues to University Student Housing staff through the report here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the University Student Housing Office (406) 994-2661 or [email protected].

placeholder image

Solicitation Policy

University Student Housing facilities are to be completely free of commercial enterprise and/or personal gain. All forms of door-to-door canvassing and soliciting, whether for commercial, political, or informational purposes, are prohibited. This includes a prohibition against placing promotional materials under or on resident room doors.  Door-to-door solicitation or distribution of materials or information is only permitted by Hall Councils, Facilities, and University Student Housing staff within the parameters of their official duties.

Solicitation of information like surveys, polls, etc. are only permitted by the Hall Council or University Student Housing staff in the performance of their duties.

Any concerns regarding unauthorized door knocking should be directed to your Community Director.

For any campaigning, digital displays, donations, information tables, or other advertising opportunities, please view our guidelines here.

Accommodations, Benefits & Employment

move in week

Moving In

All students are required to sign-up for a move-in time unless they have signed up for an early arrival program that they are supposed to move into the residence halls prior to Saturday, August 20.

students walking around campus

Summer Housing

Summer Session is an excellent chance to enjoy the best Bozeman has to offer in the beautiful summer months and a great opportunity to get ahead in classes with a few extra credits! Housing will be available on-campus for students taking classes during Summer Session 2024. On-Campus housing provides quick access to classrooms, dining facilities, and recreation facilities. Room assignments for summer are made by date of application starting in early April (first-come, first-served basis). Click here to see more information about Summer Housing.

apply now logo

Employment Opportunities

Join our awesome team! Student and professional positions are available for those interested in working with University Student Housing including Resident Advisors, Desk Clerks, Housing Ambassadors, and Student Custodians.

students talking

Community Director Info

The Community Directors (CDs) are full-time professional employees who have at least a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and who have extensive experience in the field of Student Housing. This live-in position is responsible for the total administration and operation of a residential community. For more info such as benefits, terms of employment, open forums, expectations, and frequently asked questions, please visit the community director info webpage.

computer graphic

Exit Survey

Take a moment to fill out our housing exit survey in order to complete your check out process.