- Accountants are business professionals who work with people to identify, analyze,
and solve business problems. Completing an accounting option opens the door to a wide
range of career opportunities.
- The accounting option is designed to help students develop the necessary technical
expertise and broad-based business knowledge required for long-term success in careers
such as auditing/assurance, tax consulting, corporate accounting/finance, not-for-profit/government,
financial analysis/venture capital, and financial planning.
- The undergraduate accounting program prepares students for careers in industry and with federal and state government entities.
- Students planning to pursue CPA certification or advanced financial positions should
also complete the Master of Professional Accountancy program.
- MSU accounting graduates are sought after because they have strong work ethics and
typically pass the CPA exam at rates above the national average.
- MSU business students also consistently rank in the 90th percentile in the nation
on the Major Field Test for Business. Small classes taught by highly skilled faculty give MSU accounting students a very
- Students completing MSU's undergraduate and graduate accounting programs are highly sought after by employers.
- Accounting Professor Elected President of AAA's Director's Board
- Accounting Professor Receives Highest Accounting Taxation Association Honor
- A Professional Edge: Garrett Shaw ('13)
- Accounting Student Receives Prestigious National Scholarship
- Beta Alpha Psi Team Places Third in Best Practices Competition
- Accounting Student is Honored with Top MSU Award for Community Involvement
- Molly Zander Receives Scholarship for Awareness of Fraud
- Six Accounting Students Travel to Alaska as Volunteer Tax Preparers
- Accounting Student Receives Top Community Involvement Award
- MPAc Professional Workshop Resonates with Students