Mission, Values, Goals and Objectives
The mission of the Montana State University accounting program is to achieve excellence by:
- Educating students in accounting theory and practice and developing the skills for lifelong learning.
- Advancing the profession of accounting through research and publications.
- Building strong relationships with students and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to the achievement of the mission of the MSU Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship as a whole.
To be regionally valued and nationally recognized as a professional learning community that improves accounting and business practice and knowledge by:
- Continuously advancing the undergraduate and graduate accounting programs to ensure the highest levels of knowledge and competencies for professional accounting and business career success.
- Establishing an environment that supports research and contributions to practice and education.
- Fostering a spirit of service among faculty and students to the university, profession, and society.
- Continuous improvement and recognition of excellence in teaching, research, and service.
- Recognition of the diverse perspective of students, employers, and society as accounting program stakeholders.
- Appreciation of professional certifications and core competencies needed for long-term professional success.
- Responsiveness to changes in organizations and society.
- A shared sense of community and collegiality among faculty, students, administrators, and other stakeholders.
Goals and Objectives
- Attract and retain high quality students to the undergraduate and graduate accounting programs.
- Deliver accounting courses that include critical thinking, communication skills, and competencies needed for success in careers.
- Foster relationships with accounting students, alumni, employers, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct and publish research that adds to accounting knowledge or contributes to practice or education.
- Develop and promote volunteer, internship, and career opportunities for accounting students.
- Promote faculty interaction with and service to the university, professional organizations, and society.