Biology majors are currently available to students through two departments. The following guidelines will help students identify the appropriate department to contact for information.
Ecology Department Major if your interest/career focus is in any of these areas:
- plant and animal ecology and evolution
- landscape ecology
- quantitative and theoretical biology
- conservation biology
- physiological ecology
- wildlife biology or management
- biology secondary teaching
Cell Biology & Neuroscience Department Major if your interest/career focus is:
- cellular and molecular biology
- developmental biology
- human anatomy and/or physiology
MSU offers a Pre-Med Intake Major for students interested in pursuing a career in the health professions.