The biology majors are currently available to students through two departments. The following guidelines will help students identify the appropriate department to contact for information.
Ecology Department Major if you interest/career focus is in any of these areas:
- plant and animal ecology and evolution
- landscape ecology
- quantitative and theoretical biology
- conservation biology
- physiological ecology
- wildlife biology or management
- biology secondary teaching
Cell Biology & Neuroscience Department Major if your interest/career focus is:
- cellular and molecular biology
- developmental biology
- human anatomy and/or physiology
MSU offers a Pre-Med Intake Major for students interested in pursuing a career in the health professions.