What is LANDesk?
LANDesk is a remote desktop management solution that allows technical support staff to remotely perform a variety of support and service tasks for desktops connected to the main campus LAN. These support tasks include:
- Running security patches and virus updates
- Detecting & removing spyware automatically
- Diagnosing and fixing system problems
- Performing helpdesk support through secure remote assistance features
- Maintaining hardware and software inventory information
LANDesk Security Suite improves the security and reliability of desktop computers in addition to increasing the efficiency, responsiveness, and scope of services that departmental IT support staff provide without the need or cost of additional staff.
To install the LANDesk agent on a Windows OS:
- Join a trusted domain and verify that the MSU\Domain Admins group is in the local Administrators group.
- Install the LANDesk agent by running this package: \\landesk\ldlogon\LANDeskLite_with_status.exe.
NOTE: On Vista, you will need to right-click on the package and select "Run as Administrator".
- Reboot (recommended) after installation is complete.
Agent-less inventory and vulnerability scans:
The agent-less scans listed below do not require that a LANDesk agent be installed on your computer. The results can be obtained by contacting a LANDesk administrator.
To run: Copy and paste the scan below into the Run field by going to Start > Run or at the DOS prompt.
\\landesk.msu.montana.edu\ldlogon\VULSCAN.EXE /showui=false /Norepair=all /AGENTBEHAVIOR=57 /CORESERVER=LANDESK
\\landesk.msu.montana.edu\ldlogon\LDIScn32.exe /NTT=LANDESK:5007 /S=LANDESK /I=HTTP://landesk.msu.montana.edu/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /NOUI /W=3600