What is LANDesk?
LANDesk is an asset management software system used to remotely inventory and manage desktop computers. It has the ability to report on installed software and hardware, allow remote assistance, and install security patches.
More information can be found here: www.landesk.com
Or see our Frequently Asked Questions page here (coming soon!).
Click on the appropriate links below for download instructions.
- Connect to the MSU network via a wired connection or MSU-Secure wireless.
- Install the LANDesk agent by running this package: \\ldms\agents\MSUWinbase_with_status.exe
- Reboot (recommended) after installation is complete.
Before you begin you must be connected to MSU network via a wired connection or MSU-Secure wireless.
- Open Finder and click on Go menu.
- Select Connect to Server…
- Enter smb://ldms.msu.montana.edu in the Server Address field and click the Connect button.
- If prompted for credentials, enter your NetID and password
- Select agents in the“Select the volumes you want to mount…” window and then click the OK button.
- Drag or copy the LDMSClient.mpkg to your desktop.
- Wait for download to complete before going to step 6.
- Click the LDMSClient.mpkg to open and then click the Continue button.
- Click the Continue button to select the destination drive, generally Macintosh HD.
- Click the Install button. Enter your computer’s credentials when prompted.
- Click the Close button (after the installation has been successful).
- The LDMSClient.mkpg can now be moved to the trash.
- Click the LANDesk icon in the upper toolbar on the screen and select Inventory Scan.
- Discovery & Inventory: Discover and centrally inventory all MSU devices and assets.
- Software Distribution: Distribute software across the MSU enterprise .
- Systems dashboards and reporting: Provide departmental management with dashboards
- Software and License Management: Understand how MSU software are being used
- Alerting and monitoring: Set alerts that monitors devices and servers.
- Remote control and problem resolution: Resolve problems, reduce desk-side visits.
- OS provisioning and OS migration: Deploy operating systems and profiles.
- Mac management: Complete Mac device management.
- Power management: Implement and report on the actual energy savings.