Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for Mac
Follow the instructions below to download, install and connect the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on your Mac computer (OS X 10.9 or newer) to the new MSU VPN.
- Go to https://www.montana.edu/software.
Locate the Cisco AnyConnect (VPN Client) section (see image below).
- Click the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (4.4) download link in the Mac OS X row (shown in red below).
The installer file downloads. When download is complete, follow steps below to install.
- Go to your Downloads folder (or whatever location the file was downloaded to) and double-click anyconnect-macos-4.4.03034-core-vpn-webdeploy-k9.dmg to unzip.
- Double-click anyconnect-macos-...pkg file to begin installation (see 1st image below).
The AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Installer window opens (see 2nd image below).
- Click Continue and follow the steps to install.
- Enter your computer's password when prompted.
- Click Close to shut installer window, after installation is finished.
- Click the Move to Trash button when prompted.
Installation will now be complete.
Connect to VPN:
- Go to your Applications folder, open the Cisco folder and then click the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. app.
The AnyConnect window opens (see image below).
- Enter https://vpn.msu.montana.edu (if not already entered) and click Connect (see top image below).
In the login window that opens (see bottom image):
- Select Group (appropriate for you role at MSU, ie MSU-Employee or MSU-Student).
- Enter NetID and NetID password, click OK.
You will now be connected to the MSU VPN. The Cisco icon in the dock will now have a little padlock on it and a tiny version Cisco round logo with padlock will be displayed on top menu bar.
Right-click on the icon in top menu bar and select Disconnect.