Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for iOS
Follow the instructions below to set up the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on your iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, version 10.3 or newer). https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-anyconnect/id1135064690?mt=8.
For iOS version older than 10.3, download the Cisco Legacy AnyConnect Client. and proceed with instructions below.
On your device:
- Go to App Store > tap Search > enter Cisco AnyConnect or Cisco Legacy AnyConnect.
- Tap AnyConnect
- Tap Free > Install > Open.
- Tap OK, when prompted to allow app to extend VPN capabilities of device...
(you’ll only need to do this once).
The AnyConnect app opens!
See image below for steps 1-3.
- Tap Connections > Add VPN Connection.
- Enter the following:
Description: MSU VPN (or whatever you'd like...)
Server Address: https://vpn.msu.montana.edu
- Tap Save in the top-right corner of your screen.
Optional: If interested in the Advanced configuration options available, please visit: Apple iOS User Guide for AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Release 4.0.x.
- Slide the AnyConnect VPN button to On (if you have multiple connections set up, first select connection and then tap on/off button).
- Group: MSU-Employee-VPN (or choose the group appropriate for your role, i.e. students > MSU-Student-VPN).
Password: NetID password
- Tap Connect.
Disconnect Tap the AnyConnect icon > slide/tap the on/off button to off.